BMW and National Parks UK: Recharge in Nature Social Competition
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully prior to participating in this prize draw. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter is: BMW (UK) Ltd (the “Promoter”).
Registered Office: Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB.
How to enter this prize draw:
- The prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom. All entrants to the prize draw must be aged 25 years or over.
- The prize draw is open to anyone who holds a driving license issued by a member state of the European Union or United Kingdom for a minimum of two years which you must present on request.
- The prize draw is open to anyone who has not been convicted within the last five years of any driving offences involving drinking or drugs, or that resulted in a driving disqualification.
- The prize draw is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted by in-feed post / Reel on Instagram, Stories do not count. Entries must use the hashtags #RechargeMoment #BMWUK and tagging @BMWUK and @NationalParksUK.
One entry per household is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 17:00 on 22 August 2023. The closing date of the prize draw is 17:00 on 30th September 2023. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault (technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees and agents of the Promoter or any associated companies of the Promoter, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with this prize draw are not allowed to enter the draw.
- The Promoter will not accept entries that are completed by third parties, are in bulk, illegible, have been reconstructed, forged or are incomplete.
- The Promoter may require you to provide evidence of your eligibility.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- The winner will be required to complete and sign a loan agreement.
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter will require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
- The winner will be chosen by a supervised independent person.
- The winning post will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Content criteria
i. Entries can be anything the user feels helps them recharge and connect with nature. However, the winning entry should be of a Recharge Moment that brings to life the storytelling elements of their images/videos rather than a generic landscape image.
ii. Entries should include a caption that explains why this Recharge Moment is unique and important. The strongest storytelling entries, in addition to the best-composed imagery, will be considered.
iii. All captions must include the hashtag #RechargeMoments and tag the @NationalParksUK and @BMWUK Instagram accounts.
2. Visual criteria
i. Images and videos should be visually stunning and well-composed with a pleasing arrangement. They should stand out from the crowd and allow viewers to connect with the scene.
ii. The winning image or video should offer a unique perspective or capture a special moment within the National Parks.
- The winner will receive:
- One weekend loan of a BMW iX1 or alternative BMW all-electric model. Delivery will be arranged for Thursday and collection on Monday (5 days inclusive of delivery and collection days). Dates to be discussed with winner upon announcement, subject to availability.
- A guided walk at a chosen UK National Park for up to four people.
- 1 night’s accommodation luxury hotel accommodation (4* min) in a National Park location of winner’s choice, based on sharing a double/twin room – 2 people
- The BMW vehicle will be provided on a loan basis. The loan of the BMW vehicle is subject to a separate loan agreement and the BMW key loan car terms. The winner must agree to the terms set out in the loan agreement and loan car terms before taking possession of the BMW vehicle.
- The loan agreement and the BMW key loan car terms will be provided to the winner upon the announcement of the winner(s). The main provisions of those terms are:
- The BMW vehicle can only be used for journeys within mainland United Kingdom.
- The BMW vehicle may only be driven by the winner, only for private use excluding commuting and travelling sales and not for any form of racing. The winner is responsible for any fines, congestion or other charges arising from use of the car and for any damage arising from his/her failure to take reasonable care. The BMW vehicle is insured subject to any insurance excess of £500 for each and every claim under £5,000 and £1,000 for each and every claim in excess of £5,000.
- Please note these excesses are in addition to any amount payable as a result of misfuelling and/or engine damage due to navigating through flooded areas. For clarity in such instances an additional excess to the value of 10% of the repair costs will be charged.
- Insurance does not cover personal belongings.
- BMW has the right to refuse permission to drive if driving offences/disqualifications have occurred or if BMW otherwise considers the driver is unfit to drive subject to appropriate licence checks.
- The BMW vehicle does not need to be returned with a full tank of fuel but it should be returned with a sufficient amount to get to a fuel station.
- The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner’s preference of a BMW Model or preferred weekend can be met.
- Unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, the prize excludes transfers, meals and drinks, accommodation, excursions, attractions, fuel, gratuities, telephone calls, taxes, further personal expenses, and anything not expressly included in the prize.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prize is not transferable.
- The winner will be notified by 5 October 2023 and informed about the details of the prize.
- If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 48 hours of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available on request details of the surname and county of residence and, if applicable, the winning entry, of prize-winner(s). To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of the prize winner(s) to anyone who emails NatureRecovery@bmw.co.uk or writes to the registered address of the Promoter (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date of the prize draw.
Limitation of liability:
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents, or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents, or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- All entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
- Subject to your rights under clause 29 below, you agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website [BMW.co.uk] and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the prize draw. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the prize draw entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the prize draw entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.]
Data protection and publicity:
- If you are the winner of this prize draw you agree that the Promoter may use your surname image and town or county of residence to publish or make available, the winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. If you object to any or all of your surname, image, town or county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Customer Service on 0800 561 0666 or sending an email to email@example.com. We will still be able to provide your name and county to the ASA if required.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in this prize draw.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the Promoter and the entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.