What is a Recall?
- A recall is a safety critical action implemented by the manufacturer due to design or construction tolerance which may affect the safe operation of the product. BMW operates in accordance with the code of practice on safety defects, as agreed between the Department for Transport and the representative Trade Associations, and in compliance with the UK General Product Safety Regulations 2005.The DVSA will only record safety recall actions for vehicles first registered in the UK and Ireland and will not provide information on vehicles first registered in any other country. If your vehicle has been imported, please contact us using the contact methods listed here, with details of your vehicle chassis number:
- If you wish to check to see if your vehicle is affected by a recall, please follow: Click here
- If you are aware that your vehicle requires a recall and you wish to book with your local retailer online please click here
- If you have any questions please contact your local BMW Centreor BMW Customer Information Services on 0800 777 114 for guidance
My car has a recall. What should I do?
What does it cost to have recall work completed?
- There is no charge for rectification of work directly associated to a recall. In addition to any recall work your BMW Centre is compelled to complete a free 15 minutes vehicle health check on every vehicle. We may advise customers of any recommended actions this inspection identified